I was strolling in the hip, funky Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago, and in addition to great tacos at Big Star and a fancy schmancy cocktail at The Violet Hour, I spotted a new favorite way to wear a scarf (via the hippie headscarf wrap). She’s so adorable, right?! Hello, Rihanna!
To get her stylish look, follow these easy-peasy steps for a hippie headscarf wrap. Go from blah hair day to boho chic in 60 seconds.
1. I used a 10″x 53″ satin scarf (a vintage one from my mother) on the mannequin. With half of the scarf on each side of your face, place the bottom of the scarf at the nape of your neck.
2. Tie the scarf at the start of your hairline on your forehead.
3. Flip the left piece of excess scarf over the right side of the crown of your head.
4. Flip the right piece of excess scarf over the left side of the crown of your head. (There should be no hair at the crown of your head exposed following Step 4.)
5. Tie the two excess pieces of scarf in the back of your head (just above the nape of your neck. Knot.
6. Tuck under the two short excess pieces of scarf under the knot.
For a change-up, reverse the look (similar to the wrap on the Main Street Model) by doing the first tie at the nape of your neck. You’ll end up tucking the excess scarf pieces tightly under your knot at the forehead hairline.
Try the Hippie Headscarf Wrap on the beach, out on a breezy day and even for a night out. Make this look your own, and show us your pics when you hashtag Native Gypsies (#nativgypsies) on Instagram and social media.