Spring has arrived! While the winter brings out our squirreling and storing habits, the spring that follows is the time for cleansing and renewal.
The most well known (thanks to Beyonce and a handful of other celebrities) body cleanse is The Master Cleanse, which Peter Glickman popularized a decade ago. Inspired by Stanley Burroughs’ 1941 book, The Master Cleanser, Glickman created a modern sensation by touting this easy, cleansing and weight loss diet*.
Master Cleanse Ingredients:
- organic (fresh squeezed) lemon juice
- Maple B syrup
- cayenne pepper
*Discuss dietary changes with a medical professional if you have health concerns. Native Gypsies is not making or guaranteeing any health claims. Use at your own discession. We know you’re a smart cookie (mmm, cookies! The sound of cookies is not inspiring me to cleanse right now. Ok, Brooke, stop thinking about soft, gooey chocolate chip cookies.)
Where to nab it:
- lemons– Arizona: I used lemons my boyfriend and I picked from a tree during our stay in Arizona. If you don’t have a lemon tree, visit your local health store, and look for organic.
- Maple B syrup– Wisconsin’s Maple Valley Cooperative Maple B syrup
- cayenne pepper– Iowa’s Simply Organic cayenne pepper
- water– my water filtration system (you can use bottled or filtered)